MEAL PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS:
2017-18 Meal Plan Terms & Conditions
1. MEAL PLANS ARE A TWO-SEMESTER AGREEMENT. All students who purchase a meal plan or FlexBucks plan for the Fall semester
and pay for it with cash, check, or credit card will automatically have their Spring semester meal plan billed to their student account in
December for payment.
2. UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE POLICY: All meal plans purchased for the Fall semester are a two-semester contract (Fall 2017 AND
Spring 2018). Upgrades: Meal plans may be upgraded from the Fall to Spring semester by visiting KUC Room 202. Downgrades: As meal plans are a two-semester contract, a request to downgrade must be received and approved by Dining Services. There is a limit of ONE request for a one-level downgrade per meal plan holder. Fall 2017 downgrade requests must be received by August 10, 2017 and Spring 2018 downgrade requests must be received by December 22, 2017. Please note that meal plans cannot be downgraded to FlexBucks plans.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY: No cancellations or refunds will be granted on any meal plans unless the student withdraws from school, or meets specific criteria for exception. Meal plans for students withdrawing from the University between the first day of classes and September 10, 2017 will be subject to the 75%/25% university refund schedule as outlined at www.mtsu.edu/tuition/dates.php#fall. Any students withdrawing after September 10, 2017 will not be issued a refund. Refunds are subject to reduction based on any meals and/or FlexBucks used before withdrawal date.
4. MTSU ID: Your MTSU ID, which serves as your dining card, is required for all transactions and is limited to your use only –
2017-18 Meal Plan Provisions
1. Freshmen that are living on campus are automatically charged for a meal plan through Housing and do not need to complete this form. Freshmen living in campus residence halls are automatically charged for a 7 Day Basic Meal Plan but can choose to upgrade to the 7 Day Plus or 5 Day Plus by August 11, 2017 or switch to the 5 Day Basic Meal Plan by September 8, 2017 by request through Housing. Freshmen living in Scarlett Commons or Womack Lane Apartments are automatically assigned the 100 Meal Plan but can choose to upgrade to the 7 Day Plus, 5 Day Plus, 7 Day Basic, 5 Day Basic or 150 Meal Plan by August 11, 2017 by request through the Housing office.
2. UNUSED MEALS: Unused meals from 150, 100, 50 and 30 Meal Plans will roll over from the Fall to Spring semester and expire on May 4, 2018.
3. 7 DAY AND 5 DAY MEAL PLANS: The 7 Day Plus and 7 Day Basic Meal Plans dining week begins on Monday morning and ends on Sunday night when McCallie Dining Hall closes. The 5 Day Plus and 5 Day Basic Meal Plan dining week begins on Monday morning and ends on Friday night when McCallie Dining Hall closes. If a student is on a 5 Day Plus or 5 Day Basic Meal Plan and wishes to eat in a dining hall on Saturday or Sunday, cash, FlexBucks, RaiderFunds, or a credit/check card will have to be used.
4. NON-TRANSFER POLICY: All meal plans are non-transferable to others. Meal plan participants may bring in guests by using the FlexBucks portion of their account.
5. MT Dining cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized purchases. If your MTSU ID card is lost or stolen, you must immediately deactivate the card at blueid.mtsu.edu using your Pipeline username and password. Failure to deactivate your card may result in a loss of funds. You must also apply for a new ID card at the ID o_ce located in the Student Services Building (SSAC) Room 112.
6. HOURS OF OPERATION: MT Dining Services reserves the right to alter services or hours of operation. Notice will be given with modified schedules posted in all dining locations and online at www.mtsu.campusdish.com.
7. MEAL EQUIVALENCY: All meal plans can be redeemed for all-you-care-to-eat meal swipes in RaiderZone or McCallie Dining Hall. In retail locations participating in Meal Equivalency, you will receive a $6 credit towards the total purchase during breakfast, lunch and dinner and $5 credit towards the total purchase during late night. After the credit is applied towards the total purchase price using the Meal Equivalency option, any remaining transaction balance must be paid using FlexBucks, RaiderFunds, cash or credit. For the 7 Day Basic, 5 Day Basic, 150, 100, 50 and 30 Meal Plans, the Meal Equivalency option is a once per meal period option that must be exercised as the first swipe of the meal period. After Meal Equivalency is used for a meal period, the meal swipe is deactivated until the start of the next meal period. For the 7 Day Plus and 5 Day Plus Meal Plans, meals can be used in dining halls an unlimited number of times and Meal Equivalency can additionally be used once per meal period. Meal period times are 7:00am-10:30am for Breakfast,
10:30am-4:00pm for Lunch, 4:00pm-10:00pm for Dinner, and 10:00pm-1:00am for Late Night, Mondays through Fridays only. Please see www.mtsu.campusdish.com for locations participating in Meal Equivalency.
8. CARRYOUT: The carryout option at the dining halls is provided as a courtesy. You must tell the cashier you want your meal to-go at the time you enter the facility. You may not take a seat in the facility once you have your carryout box. Only one beverage cup is allowed and must be used for beverages only. The carryout box must be fully closed when you leave (no filling up lid and base separately). Only one carryout box will be issued per meal period per meal plan.
1. FlexBucks may be added to any meal plan or purchased separately from a meal plan. The minimum amount of FlexBucks that can be added to an account for billing is $50.
2. FlexBucks purchased in the Fall 2017 semester will roll over to the Spring 2018 semester. FlexBucks purchased in the Spring 2018 semester will not roll over to the Summer 2018 term or Fall 2018 semester.
3. All FlexBucks purchased in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 will expire after close of business on May 4, 2018.
4. FlexBucks may be used at any o_cial MT Dining Services location, which will be identified by in-store signage and on www.mtsu.campusdish.com
All MT Dining Meal Plans and FlexBucks funds are non-refundable. Unused MT Dining Meal Plan and FlexBucks balances expire at the end of the spring semester. All funds and plans purchased for use in MT Dining are for the personal use of the owner of the account or plan only and are non-transferable. The MT Dining funds and plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate. Except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms, all MT Dining funds and plans are non-refundable and will expire at the earlier of the last day of enrollment or employment, as applicable, or the last day of the current semester.